Meet Oliver Krischik
Oliver M. Krischik is a trade law attorney whose practice focuses on U.S. economic sanctions, export controls, and corporate law. Oliver is an attorney with the OFAC sanctions practice group.
Oliver is a member of the Virginia State Bar and the American Bar Association’s Section of International Law Export Control and Economic Sanctions Committee. Oliver is in the process of waiving into the District of Columbia Bar.
Oliver graduated from Washington and Lee University in 2009 with a double major in Psychology and Political Philosophy. In 2014, Oliver received his Juris Doctor from Georgetown University Law Center, an institution that has been consistently ranked among the top law schools in the country.
Mr. Krischik focuses his practice on helping multi-national corporations, small businesses, non-profits, and individuals who are facing issues relating to sanctions and export control violations and compliance. He also draws upon his knowledge of corporate and transactional law to craft compliance solutions that make sense in the context of clients’ business.
He has worked with U.S. and foreign clients in the auto manufacturing, healthcare, pharmaceutical, agricultural, trade, aviation, electronics, and oil and gas sectors. On compliance issues he has conducted risk assessments of foreign markets, compliance analyses on contemplated courses of business and specific transactions, due diligence on foreign parties, filings for specific licenses and requests for interpretive guidance, filings for export licenses, building compliance programs for companies, and more. On enforcement issues he has filed Voluntary Self Disclosures (VSDs), conducted internal investigations and audits, and filed for the unblocking or release of funds.
Mr. Krischik works with clients at all stages of the sanctions compliance process, including:
- Risk Assessments of Markets and Regions in the Context of Client’s Industry
- Economic Sanctions Compliance Analysis of Contemplated Courses of Business
- Economic Sanctions Compliance Analysis of Particular Transactions
- Designing Compliance Programs that Implement Corporate Restructuring, Policies, and Procedures as Necessary to Limit Clients’ Exposure to Sanctions Liability
- Due Diligence and Compliance Analysis of Particular Parties
- Filing Requests for Interpretive Guidance with the Office of Foreign Assets Control
- Filing Specific License Applications with the Office of Foreign Assets Control
- Filings with the Bureau of Industry and Security (BIS)
- Structuring Payment Transfers of Authorized Transactions
Oliver provides the following services in cases of potential sanctions violations, perceived violations, and government investigations:
- Filings for the Unblocking or Release of Funds that have been Blocked
- Internal Investigations and Audits in Cases of Possible Sanctions Violations
- Filing Voluntary Self Disclosures with the Office of Foreign Assets Control
- Responding to Administrative Subpoenas from OFAC
- Filing Requests for Reconsideration
International Background and Perspective
Oliver was raised in a number of overseas countries across Africa, the Caribbean, and Latin America. This experience gives him an invaluable perspective into the complexities of conducting business internationally and U.S. policy objectives towards foreign nations and regions. He is fluent in both English and Spanish.